The condition we set up for the document workflow to transition to Document Complete is as follows:
[singlepic id=305 w=320 h=240 float=center]
Testing the workflow
We can now illustrate the workflow by creating an order and ensuring that it gets approved correctly.
- We log in as the GardenWorld Purchasing role, as follows:
- Create a Purchase Order, and then click on the Complete button. The Order will be placed in an In Progress status, because the workflow’s next node is document approval:
- We log off, and then log back in to the system with the GardenWorld User role (workflow owner):
- Find the Workflow Activities menu item, and then approve the document, as follows:
- The Document will be approved when the owner sets the approval status to Yes:
[singlepic id=306 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=307 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=308 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=309 w=320 h=240 float=center]
[singlepic id=310 w=320 h=240 float=center]
We have covered certain aspects with regards to Compiere in this three-part article series—namely the Application Dictionary (AD) and Workflows, as follows:
- We gave you an overview of the Compiere Application Dictionary components.
- We illustrated how to add a menu item and a custom list field to a Compiere window by using the AD components.
- We gave you an overview of the Compiere Workflow processes, and illustrated how this is set up.